The Gus Modern Collection of sofas feature kiln-dried hardwood frames and employ a no-sag spring construction to produce a dependable, long lasting support. Read the below on how to care best for your Gus product.
- Upon unpacking your new Gus sofa, take your time to “model” it with your hands to ensure it returns to its initial appearance which will be altered slightly during transportation. A light smoothing of the upholstery and cushions will restore the sofa to its intended aesthetic quality.
- All fabrics and vinyls offered by Gus have high abrasion resistance with no less than 15,000 double rubs.
- For regular maintenance and to maintain the nap of the fabric, Gus recommend vacuuming your sofa regularly.
- Dab spills immediately with an absorbent cloth.
- Always test an inconspicuous area first before using any product.
- For thorough cleaning, we recommend professional dry cleaning or a professional in-home upholstery cleaning service.
- Protect fabric from direct sunlight as this may lead to fading.
- Most fabrics in the Gus range are inherently stain resistant and therefore do not require a protective coating (ie. Scotch Guard). In some instances, such a coating can affect the appearance and/or nap of the fabric. Applying such a coating will void the warranty of the item. Should you decide to have a protective coating applied, check to see if the third-party company offers a service with their own warranty.