BACK TO PRODUCT CARE
How to care for your Fabric Upholstery.
With proper care, your fabric upholstery furniture can last for many years.
- Keep fabric away from direct sunlight as this will prevent UV damage to your fabric. Use curtains or blinds to protect your furniture.
- Vacuum all fabric surfaces and cushions regularly to remove dust and dirt by using an upholstery brush attachment.
- Do not rub, rather, gently blot with a damp clean cloth at the time that the spill occurs. In some cases, spot cleaning can cause a ring or fading. It is best to have a professional clean the entire piece or cushion casing to ensure uniform results.
- Do not use abrasive detergents or chemicals.
- Take special care when spraying household chemicals and products near upholstery. Applying non-commercial scented fabric fresheners, neutralisers and fabric protectors is never recommended.
- Scotch guarding your upholstery will offer a higher level of protection, however please note that doing so may void any warranty. Ensure that the third party used for sealing offers their own warranty on their service.
- Rotate cushions often to minimise wear on frequently used seats and prevent concentrated fading. Cushioning and fillings will show signs of wear and tear with normal use. This is not covered by warranty. Cushions may crease, foam and fillings will soften and form to the shape of the user over time.
- Pilling may occur, this is not a fault, but a natural characteristic of woven fabric. Pills from fibre can be removed by using a pilling machine.
- The easiest method to maintain cushions is to regularly “fluff and puff” and if possible, flip them. This is particularly important for feather-filled cushions and if not carried out, can cause them to lose their appearance or comfort level temporarily or maybe even permanently.
- Keep your upholstery away from heat sources and hot objects, pets and sharp or abrasive objects.
- To prevent possible bleeding of ink, do not leave newspapers or other printed material lying on the upholstery.
- Do not sit directly on scatter cushions or arms of your sofa, sofa chair or similar. Sitting on the armrest will deform the foam on the component and by doing so will void the warranty.
- Speak with your Designer to ensure the products selected are suitable for your specific environment as well as discuss the level of maintenance that will be needed.
- Professional cleaning every 12 months is recommended. If your furniture is used every day, we recommend professional cleaning every 6 months.
- Use floor protectors on the bottom of furniture to minimise damage to floor coverings.
- Always carefully lift furniture with 2 or more people when moving items around the home – never drag furniture along the floor.