Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Product & Procurement Manager
Established in 2004, GlobeWest is at the forefront of designing, importing and wholesaling beautiful and ‘on trend’ contemporary furniture and homewares. GlobeWest is focused on building a long term, sustainable business and achieving a leading position in the market.
We are looking to appoint a Planning and Procurement Manager who will report to the Senior Product Manager and be able to work autonomously but alongside the product team.
You will focus on developing and implementing improved demand forecasting and planning tools, to improve inventory management and provide better accuracy and efficiencies for the business. To also develop a merchandising plan and make recommendations regarding best way to invest company resources.
You will provide detailed analysis, reports to the business and recommendations for managing aged and slow-moving inventory and the ability to link cross functional sales and inventory requirements to achieve optimum results.
The Planning and Procurement Manager will build and maintain strong relationships with overseas suppliers, and will have a thorough understanding of GlobeWest products, policies and procedures and be able to promptly resolve issues and provide solutions to any issues that arise.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and implement improvements to current process for demand forecasting (ongoing continuous improvement).
- Develop a merchandising plan
- Demand forecasting
- Review the demand forecast with Head of Product for approval prior to order placement.
- Season Forecasts- working with product managers to set realistic forecasts for all current SKU’s based on historical data and current market trends and adjust ongoing styles
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Analyse data to identify risks and opportunities by department, product classification and style and communicate appropriately
- Reporting - support areas of the business with preparing analysis and reports as required
- Purchase Order creation and placement with supplier, including samples
- Purchase Order confirmation review from the supplier.
- Work with suppliers on sales orders to ensure correct information and correct items are ordered. Forecast after orders have been uploaded into NetSuite and approved.
- Approve supplier proformas and ensure information regarding deposits are passed onto finance, tracked and followed up as required
- Feedback to suppliers i.e.: delivery performance, quality performance, shipping marks and container reports
- Raise claims with suppliers for carton marking errors if required
What's in this for you?
- The opportunity to work in a great role and make a difference
- Report to the Senior Product Manager who is a dynamic, supportive and trusting leader
- Be part of a team that works hard and has fun in a collaborative and creative environment
The ideal candidate:
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experience in planning and procurement, at management level
- Prior experience in operational role for an importer, including all planning, procurement and claims handling
- Someone with a proven ability to work independently, yet have a team player attitude
- Great communication and interpersonal skills; building relationships cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders, building relationships with supply base internationally
- Highly numerical with strong analytical skills
- Advanced excel skills
Job Benefits and Perks:
Competitive remuneration will be offered commensurate with experience.
Beautiful product at staff prices.
If this sounds like a role that would suit your style and background please apply.
Register your interest
Nothing suitable but still interested in a career at GlobeWest? Send us an enquiry and we’ll get in touch if something comes up.