BACK TO PRODUCT CARE
Boucle & Textured Fabric
How to care for your Boucle & Textured Fabric Upholstery.
With proper care, your boucle & textured fabric furniture can last for many years.
- Keep fabric away from direct sunlight as this will prevent UV damage to your fabric. Use curtains or blinds to protect your furniture.
- Gently vacuum all fabric surfaces and cushions regularly to remove dust and dirt by using an upholstery brush attachment.
- Avoid excessive rubbing. Boucle fabrics are delicate and can be easily damaged by rubbing and abrasive treatment.
- Clean spills immediately. Gently blot with a damp clean cloth at the time that the spill occurs. Do not rub the fabric when cleaning. Do not over-wet the boucle or textured fabric when spot cleaning, as moisture is absorbed quickly by these fabrics and can lead to water stains and fabric damage. If needed, use a mild detergent to clean the affected area. Blot with a clean damp cloth to remove any residue & moisture.
- Do not use abrasive detergents or chemicals.
- Take special care when spraying household chemicals and products near upholstery. Applying non-commercial scented fabric fresheners, neutralisers and fabric protectors is never recommended.
- Scotch guarding your upholstery will offer a higher level of protection, however please note that doing so may void any warranty. Ensure that the third party used for sealing offers their own warranty on their service.
- Rotate cushions often to minimise wear on frequently used seats and prevent concentrated fading. Cushioning and fillings will show signs of wear and tear with normal use. This is not covered by warranty. Cushions may crease, foam and fillings will soften and form to the shape of the user over time.
- Keep your upholstery away from pets and sharp or abrasive objects. Take special care that pointed items such as pens and keys are removed from pockets when sitting on furniture so that this does not create pulls or holes in the upholstery.
- The easiest method to maintain cushions is to regularly “fluff and puff” and if possible, flip them. This is particularly important for feather-filled cushions and if not carried out, can cause them to lose their appearance or comfort level temporarily or maybe even permanently.
- Keep your upholstery away from heat sources and hot objects.
- To prevent possible bleeding of ink, do not leave newspapers or other printed material lying on the upholstery.
- Do not sit directly on scatter cushions or arms of your sofa, sofa chair or similar. Sitting on the armrest will deform the foam on the component and by doing so will void the warranty.
- Speak with your Designer to ensure the products selected are suitable for your specific environment as well as discuss the level of maintenance that will be needed.
- Pilling may occur, this is not a fault, but a natural characteristic of boucle & woven fabric. Pills from fibre can be removed by using a pilling machine.
- Professional cleaning every 12 months is recommended. If your furniture is used every day, we recommend professional cleaning every 6 months.
- Use floor protectors on the bottom of furniture to minimise damage to floor coverings.
- Always carefully lift furniture with 2 or more people when moving items around the home – never drag furniture along the floor.