No two pieces of terrazzo are identical, which makes it a beautiful and unique surface to have in your home. As terrazzo is porous in nature, clean any spills promptly to guard against penetration of the surface.
- The surface of your terrazzo should not come in contact with hot and/or moist/wet containers/materials. We always recommend using coasters, place mats, tablecloths and table runners to protect furniture surfaces from heat and stains.
- Take extra care to protect your surfaces from candles and heated objects.
- Wash with clean water and a mild cleaner. Wash in a small, overlapping, sweeping motion, then dry with a soft clean cloth to prevent spotting.
- Terrazzo can be damaged by products with acidic properties, such as juices, detergents and corrosive liquids. Avoid contact with these types of substances as they can dull or stain the stone surface and destroy the sealant.
- Small open pores and slight cosmetic splits to the surface caused by change in temperature/moisture loss are natural and expected characteristics of this material