Please send any enquiries or applications to Marianne Stamatakis at email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Product Manager Warehouse Team Leader
Product Manager (VIC)
12 Month Parental Leave Contract
Established in 2004, GlobeWest is at the forefront of designing, importing and wholesaling beautiful and ‘on trend’ contemporary furniture and homewares. GlobeWest is focused on building a long term, sustainable business and achieving a leading position in the market.
We are looking to appoint a Product Manager to replace a 12-month parental leave position.
This role will be responsible for the category management of the upholstery and home wares product portfolio including sourcing, product briefs, pricing, sales, margins, forecasting, stock management and product development.
The Product Manager will report directly to Senior Product Manager and encompasses the managing of key relationships with external partners to ensure stability and growth for our products.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- In collaboration with the broader Marketing and Design team, you will develop new product lines that deliver growth over and above, through skilled category management and range optimisation
- Having the ability to analyse the data, look at trends and can make decisions and recommendations for the ongoing collection
- Creating a fiscal plan by category; numbers are your strength
- Taking part in global and local sourcing trips and attend industry trade fairs
- As with everything in this business, the end-game is to further elevate the customer experience, this is full end to product management.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates should have product management experience gained in a company embracing category management. A tertiary qualification in Fashion and Textile Merchandising or similar and strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret and analyse data (margins and market share) is essential.
Previous experience working with furniture and or home wares would be an advantage and your customer service approach will be exemplary.
Job Benefits & Perks
Competitive remuneration will be offered commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like a role that would suit your style and background please apply.
Warehouse Team Leader (VIC)
Afternoon shift 8.55am - 5pm
Established in 2004, GlobeWest is a rapidly growing furniture importer and wholesaler of distinctive furniture and homewares with a great working culture. GlobeWest has full-time positions available for energetic, mature minded individuals with previous warehouse and forklift experience.
Based in Melbourne, VIC, the primary responsibility of a Team Leader is to ensure the constant, smooth and efficient operation of the Warehouse to achieve budget, service levels and organisational KPI’s. You will motivate employees and monitor performance. You will ensure the team complies with legislation, company policies and provides a high level of service at all times.
Reporting to the Senior Team Leader your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the efficient loading, unloading and accurate put away of goods.
- Planning and organising warehouse activities and delegating appropriate tasks to ensure maximum efficiency
- Directing the driver to place the container to the correct dock
- Managing the efficiency and productivity of staff unloading the container
- General warehouse duties and housekeeping
- Identifying incorrect codes and quantity markings on cartons and correct where required. Product is to be palletised correctly with like product and stacked safely on the pallets for storage
- Ensure all orders to be dispatched the following day are completed and checked.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- Current drivers licence and own transport
- Previous experience in a team leader role
- Current Forklift licence with reach truck experience
- Physically fit and able to do physical work
- Worked within a computer based warehouse managed system (WMS)
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
- Understanding of safety and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a busy, changing environment
- Available to work overtime when required
This role will suit someone wishing to join a busy warehouse team. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday with overtime according to workload.
Nothing suitable but still interested in a career at GlobeWest? Send us an enquiry and we’ll get in touch if something comes up.